A Practical Recording Project
In this course, we delve into the world of basic audio recording.
We will examine the process of recording into Logic X and come familiar with the different issues that you have to be aware of during a practical recording session.
Throughout this tutorial, we will examine a recording process from initial guide track recordings to what we call a ‘working mix’ (not the final mix).
The tutorial will be following the production of an acoustic version of Tracy Chapman’s ‘Talkin’ ’bout a revolution’ – a simple but classic song in the Acoustic Folk genre. Through recording and arranging this track we can cover some of the basic principles of audio recording and arrangement.
Look out for the different headings that appear in the videos that correspond to the different steps.
After every section of the course you will you will be given a short quiz to enforce the important points of the demonstration. It is then up to you to go on and try and record the parts yourself. Just follow the step by step instructions.
At the bottom of the videos you will see links to other tutorials that will give you more detail about the processes being discussed. These tutorials will be in the MT TOOLBOX.
You will also see a list of music technology terms written in different colours. These will correspond to the ‘Edexcel MT Dictionary’ which is the definitive list of information you need to know for the Edexcel MT A level.
This project should take about 4 to 5 hours to complete.
- Lectures 6
- Quizzes 6
- Duration 10 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 4156
- Assessments Yes
- Lesson 1 – The first recording session
- Lesson 1 Practical recording quiz
- Lesson 2 – Recording the bass guitar
- Lesson 2 – Practical recording Quiz
- Lesson 3 – Recording the Acoustic guitar with Microphones
- Lesson 3 – Practical recording quiz
- Lesson 4 – Recording the Hammond Organ
- Lesson 4 Practical recording project
- Lesson 5 – Recording the electric guitar.
- Lesson 5 – Practical recording quiz
- Lesson 6 – Mixing ‘Talkin ‘bout a revolution’
- Lesson 6 Practical recording quiz