Song Choices 2017 AS MT
Here you will find song templates relating to the Artist choices specified in the 2017 Edexcel Music Technology AS course.
The templates consist of blocks of audio that can be pieced together and edited to make an arrangement that lasts between 2 – 2 ½ minutes. The audio is just acoustic guitar that has been recorded using a DI and obviously should NOT be used in your final recording coursework submission.
Download the project files and audio files to your desktop. You can now import the audio into the project files.
Follow the instructions found in the ‘Importing audio’ tutorial.
Importing Audio Tutorial
You can now piece together a working arrangement using the different blocks of audio. This is good practice for the Production and Analysing exam. Once you have created your arrangement it’s then time to record the vocal parts.
You should make use of,
- Double-tracking. It’s always good to emphasise a chorus or high point of the song.
- Harmonise. Use vocal harmony to add interest and emotion to a vocal part.
- Have a look at ‘A practical recording project – Talkin’ ‘bout a revolution’ for more ideas on how to approach the vocal recording.
There are tutorials in the MT TOOLBOX that can help you with the set up of microphones and setting up a track in logic to record.
The song templates for AS MT 2017 include,
- Adele – Someone like you
- John Legend – All of me
- Dionne Warwick – Walk on by
- Jimmy Cliff – Many rivers to cross
The different audio blocks will be clearly labelled with their position in the song to you to arrange. Make use of a fade out if you are running out of time.
- Lectures 4
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 4429
- Assessments Yes